Wednesday, June 30

Kinect costs as much as an xbox?


The pissed off CEO of 'ShopTO' (maybe he's pissed off because no-one has heard of his shop?) has his knickers in a twist over the prospective £130 price tag on Microsoft's souped up webcam.
The store lists the device at £124.86, with a Recommended Retail Price of £129.99 along with a launch date of 19th November. CEO Igor Cipolletta told Eurogamer that, while these figures are but a mere "placeholder," that Microsoft's rumoured U.S. pricing of $149 is correct and that ShopTo's prices simply reflect that.

Cipolletta said of such intended price points; "It's too high. We believe that with this current economy it should be around £70. For £140 you can buy a Wii." He adds that pre-orders for the device are "very low."
Sod a Wii, I certainly paid less than £140 for my 360 and that was quite some time ago. That kind of money for a fairly gimmicky looking (for now at least) add-on is pretty horrific. I guess I'll have to wait a while until I can flail my arms around wildly in front of the television, or navigate my movies like Tom Cruise.



Some good news is that the annoying little kid tech demo 'Milo' that they used for all their promo videos seemingly will be released. Phew!

news.spong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.