Thursday, August 5

Syndicate remake on the cards?

Gamespot thinks so.
Evidence continues to mount that Electronic Arts and Swedish developer Starbreeze are at work on a reboot of Bullfrog Productions' classic cyberpunk tactical action game Syndicate. The latest comes by way of a trio of new trademark applications that surfaced in the US Patent and Trademark Office yesterday.


As for Starbreeze's involvement in the franchise, EA announced a partnership with The Darkness developer to "reinvent" one of the publisher's "most acclaimed classic franchises" in February 2008. That game, which currently bears the title Project RedLime, was one of two commissioned by EA.


This was an epic game. I played it at my mate's house on level-by-level because my PC wasn't fast enough to run it, sniff sniff. He had a 486DX2, the posh twat. An almost straight remake (new missions I suppose) with today's graphics could be pretty cool. Not sure if it would interest any of the kids though. My current PC probably won't be fast enough for the new one either.

Just please don't fudge it up, EA... maybe I should head to their offices with my persuadatron...

uk.gamespot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.